cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal account to Business

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope to get some help here...
I have been with o2 with my personal phone for 10+ years. I was given a company phone last year, but everyone still calls me on my own number so i have decided to use it as both personal / work and put it through the company.
Now, do i contact o2 and just get the payment details changed so that my bill is paid via the company, or do i have to sign up for a business account for only one line (my company mobiles are on tmobile, but i want to stay with o2) and keep my number?
Whats the best option?
Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can call O2 and move to a small business tariff and do a transfer of ownership into the business name, you have o be at least halfway through our consumer contract o be able o do this AFAIK.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im on sim only at the moment after my last contract ran out while waiting to see what apple had to offer. would that have any effect on it?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
its my fathers company.
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Who owns the company you work for? If not you they have to open the account and arrange for your number to be transfered over. AFAIK
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
So your father needs to open the account being on simplicity should not be an issue AFAIK
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks guys
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
As Beaufighter said, you and your father need to complete a Transfer of Ownership form which you can get from here: www.o2.co.uk/businesstransfer
Message 8 of 8