Did you mean: 

O2 switch up confusion

Lmr1342
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all , 

I have o2 switch up as confirmed by live chat and 2 different o2 stores , I went into one of those stores today to try and switch up! , got to the checkout and it was not showing up to allow the worker to trade it in , he was confused by this and said it must have been a glitch he said he would raise a support ticket and I would have to try again another day ( no issues with waiting ) couple of hours later I was elsewhere and popped into a completely different o2 store the adviser there said there was issues this morning but all fixed and has since done a couple of switch up deals , came to my account and the same issue happened.....

Anyone else had this issue 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lmr1342 

We don't hear of too many issues with switch up apart from the confusion ober the change of T&C's. 

I'd try again in a few days time.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Lmr1342
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you ! What changes in the t&c's

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lmr1342 

The 90 day rule.

It's covered in the link I posted above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Lmr1342
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The only thing I can think of is looking at my contract it's pre August 3rd.... but was included as it was a plus plan ? 

Maybe that whats casuing the issues ? As its pre 3rd August and thus on the contract when you don't have to wait 90 days ? 

Message 5 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Lmr1342 

If it was the 90 day rule, they wouldnt start processing the Switch Up... 

Mine on Friday took 25minutes, and that included 10minutes of talking about my Pixel Fold...

Without knowing the error, all we can do is guess.. Best thing to do is give it until after the weekend and try again, as it could be you are been moved to the new billing platform... and lots of other things..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lmr1342 wrote:

The only thing I can think of is looking at my contract it's pre August 3rd.... but was included as it was a plus plan ? 

Maybe that whats casuing the issues ? As its pre 3rd August and thus on the contract when you don't have to wait 90 days ? 

@Lmr1342 

The 90 day rule won't effect you in that case.

Try again next weekend as I suggested previously and see if it straightens itself out.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Lmr1342
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit of an update , spoke with O2 on Sunday , slight confusion as the case the shop raised on Saturday was closed by someone ?? , they have raised another case but what worrys if the store in question was a trial store that have been using 360 for sometime and they have never seen this error /fault before , o2 customer services are clueless and how can I explain about a system issue of a system I know little about , and the store in question are just as confused! How is the issue ment to be fixed if no one knows what your talking about 🤣

Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Lmr1342 

You might be worrying about a problem that will sort itself out. I recommend that you take the advice of @MI5 above and try again this weekend or early next week. 

Please let us know how you get on.  

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Hopefully 🤞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10