Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Mummyjoey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sent my perfect Samsung to recycle they emailed to say not working. Total fabrication as had been using right up until point of sending. I had video evidence of the cosmetic condition and turning on and using on the day I packed it as evidence as I knew there wasn't even a scratch on it. Disgusting. Offering peanuts to start with, new offer was totally insulting.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@Mummyjoey

Unfortunately this is not unheard of from any of the Phone Recycling companies anymore.

Out of curioisty was it completely removed from Google and Android Services, as without being removed it is rendered useless.

There is a glut of used phones on the market at the moment which is driving prices down 😞

Simply ask them to send it back to you, and sell either on ebay or to CEX you may get more than the recycling companies.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@Mummyjoey

Unfortunately this is not unheard of from any of the Phone Recycling companies anymore.

Out of curioisty was it completely removed from Google and Android Services, as without being removed it is rendered useless.

There is a glut of used phones on the market at the moment which is driving prices down 😞

Simply ask them to send it back to you, and sell either on ebay or to CEX you may get more than the recycling companies.
Message 2 of 8

Mummyjoey
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Factory reset, everything removed. They said screen wasn't working and yet video on day of sending proves its working perfectly and not a scratch or chip as I keep phone in case with screencover. Changed from £29 to £5. !!! Asked for it back, but expecting they'll have broken it! I'd cancel my contract if I could. Hubby and daughter out of o2 contract so they are both going elsewhere now, I refuse to give o2 anymore money now.
Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@Mummyjoey

Just so you are aware the service is provide by Ingram Micro on behalf of o2
Message 4 of 8

MarkMark
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just sent my perfectly good working Galaxy S20 Ultra to O2 Recycle and they originally offered £272 for the phone plus the £250 promotion from Samsung. Today I received an email saying they would just be paying the £250, with no explanation why. Tried calling them but they do not work weekends, so I've emailed them. Judging by reviews I've read on the internet, this isn't looking good. Why do O2 associate themselves with this company, who are clearly committing some sort of fraud? It can't be good for the reputation of O2. I know something, if I get screwed over by them I will be blaming O2 as well and looking at other networks in the future.

Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Every phone that goes back to O2 Recycle is counted towards O2's Reuse-Recycle-Reduce Environmental statistics, @MarkMark - how much the customer gets in return does not figure in those stats.

Screenshot_20210828-232835.png

Message 6 of 8

MarkMark
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the useless info

Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36028 Posts