Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have messed up my credit score!!!

Lauryng
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need some advice on what to do regarding an issue I’ve had with o2 for nearly a year now. 

I took out an airtime plan along with a tablet that was a part of a deal in 27th may 2023, both of which I cancelled literally two days later. I thought this was the end but apparently not. 

I thought everything was cancelled and had not checked my credit score. It turns out o2 didn’t cancel it properly and was charging me the £4 a month for the tablet, with both accounts (both tablet and airtime for my phone) on my clearscore account. As soon as I noticed this, I tried sorting this with o2 and it took months worth of multiple phone calls for someone to know what they were doing and then cancel the thing altogether, which was finally sorted in October 2023. 

the problem I’m having now is that it has affected my credit score so badly, firstly my score dropped by an insane amount because of them opening the account and reporting this to Experian (when they shouldn’t have done as I had returned and cancelled the items within the 14 day period) and secondly my score dropped AGAIN when I finally got rid of the account, one of which is still on my credit file although it says the balance is £0. I don’t want this removed and my score to drop even more. 

I have been trying to get a hold of someone at o2 to sort this out for me and rectify this with the credit agency but it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get through to anyone. I have been referred to customer services, to then payment management and then to the credit team and no one has managed to do anything. 

It has completely ruined my life and o2 are not taking any responsibility for it. 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Lauryng 

All we can advise is the contact details for CFR.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Other than this, you need to seek legal advice independently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Lauryng 

All we can advise is the contact details for CFR.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Other than this, you need to seek legal advice independently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Lauryng
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are they actually reliable and will they be able to sort it?

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Lauryng 

It's the only hope you have!

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Tim74
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue. I took out a sim only but cancelled it within the cooling off period. O2 then tried to bill me for an early termination fee of £105. I rang and they sorted it over the phone and i believed that was the end. It is showing on my credit report as a defaulted payment.

I have emailed O2 and the credit referrals email, so  fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Tim74 Common Story, sad to say

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 11

Littlevicdon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you manage to sort this as I am having similar problems starting Jan this year and thought might was sorted also!

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Littlevicdon 

Posting the same question multiple times will not resolve this for you.

Only O2 can fix it and you have been given the contact details already.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Littlevicdon
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am simply looking to see if people resolved their problems as I have tried contacting them on numerous occasions without help etc and I am at my wits end - this forum is my only hope at the moment and 02 are not helping at all!

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

We are not O2 though @Littlevicdon so can't do anything else to help.

Any resolution will be through customer service or complaints https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11