cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 charging £230 data usage when connection manager in alli

Anonymous
Not applicable
Setup correctly had txt saying at 75 or 90% cant remember then when i speak to o2 afte being told the 630 dd was a mistake and was stopped it wasnt so got bank charges/daily overdrawn charges (which they agreed refund) i get told i owe 230 as am at 4gig (on 3gb allowance) i had no txt to say im at limit and when viewing the months log also shows within allowance!
Previousely in dec when co nected to wifi i noticed allowance going up spoke to o2 who said it isnt possible i could see is raising and clearly. Connected to wifi it was over allowance and billed 190 which i paid end jan with required 30 up front
i req dd reset end month (was 5th and dd comes out 2 weeks later so advised will b billed 1st each month and incur pro rata adjustment fair enough then bill as normal 1st april) my connection managed was left at date set on 5th
anyone had/having similiar probs? This cant be right/justified
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoke to o2 again they said they dont have to warn ur over allowance via the sms service is your own responsibility to call up or check online to see used allowance despite being 24 hrs behind the connection manager shouldnt be used to monitor , that there is no policy that in goodwill will at first time going over allowance "wipe" it yet soon as reached the credit limit are quick to sms to ask you to call and pay as its now restricted. She did say by accident my first time going over bill was dropped to goodwill but realised it was there accidently set 630 dd which was corrected after applied for and caused me bank charges
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
WiFi isn't charged and won't have been added to your billed amount, it isn't possible for a number of reasons, the O2 person was correct.

Other than that I could barely understand a word other than to surmise you are annoyed. Please use more punctuation, it really helps.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is the email I sent to O2, or at least tried to send, as it wouldn't do it!!! Anyone know a "proper email address" Thanks

Hello; when calling O2 yesterday about my phone, I was told that my mobile broadband had accrued £1000 worth of charges in just a few days, particularly on 15th February this year.
Now this is ridiculous; I was even going to cancel the contract as soon as possible because I have only been connected about half a dozen times here in Portugal; it will never connect! Not only that, but on the times I have been able to connect, I only use it to email or to look up a site, I never download or upload anything. In fact, I now have a tiny notebook so I cant!
One private person cannot possibly use that much in basically one day! I am astounded! It must be wrong!
I have canceled my DD until you sort this out!! Please do so to at least ensure I get some sleep!

Frustrated in Portugal
Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
at £1000 in a few days it is only 333mb at £3.00 a mb
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is the email I sent to O2, or at least tried to send, as it wouldn't do it!!! Anyone know a "proper email address" Thanks
Hello; when calling O2 yesterday about my phone, I was told that my mobile broadband had accrued £1000 worth of charges in just a few days, particularly on 15th February this year.
Now this is ridiculous; I was even going to cancel the contract as soon as possible because I have only been connected about half a dozen times here in Portugal; it will never connect! Not only that, but on the times I have been able to connect, I only use it to email or to look up a site, I never download or upload anything. In fact, I now have a tiny notebook so I cant!
One private person cannot possibly use that much in basically one day! I am astounded! It must be wrong!
I have canceled my DD until you sort this out!! Please do so to at least ensure I get some sleep!
Frustrated in Portugal

O2 have no control over your connection in Portugal apart from ensuring the sim card is set up for data roaming, so can't blame O2 for that i'm afraid as it can't be justified

The fact you have a netbook also isn't relevent. Netbooks can be more powerfull than some desktops and are fully capable of downloading

As said above in the other post, checking a few websites and sending a few emails with just text and no attachments would use about 1mb
1mb in EU = £3

It seems O2 are correct and if you do cancell due to that, that would be well within thier rights to hold you to term and / or reffer you to a debt collection agency
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
in Portugal

lol

I believe O2 disable international roaming on mobile broadband by default, so presumably you requested it be enabled too.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it has to be requested. It's barred normally to stop high data charges. If customer's ask i beleive it can be enabled for roaming.

The other poster has obviously asked for this to be enabled, then complained at the price for using it abroad.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand my mobile broadband bill at all. It seems far too high and i get the impresion O2 don't want to help. Also when i got disconected the bill has got even higher!
Message 9 of 9