Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 (Volt) and Virgin Media Registration Problem

Lamprey2603
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new Volt eligible 02 mobile sim and new 02 account created in the same name and address as my existing Virgin Media Fibre Broadband account. However, when I try to register for Volt through my 02 account (double data on O2 and speed boost on Virgin) I get the below message:

"It doesn't look like you can get Volt right now.You need to be a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media to be eligible for Volt. Right now, Virgin Media isn't available at your address etc......"

I am a customer of both O2 (Mobile Pay Monthly sim) and Virgin Media (M500 Fibre Broadband) and both accounts are registered in the same name and at the same address and are Volt eligible.

Can someone please tell me what, if anything, I am doing wrong and more importantly how I can resolve this.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lamprey2603 

Main thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introducing-Volt-the-new-supercharged-service-from-Virgin...

It's a common and meaningless error message.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

All the info on Volt (I had the same, but have now been Bolted ok) is in this topic, @Lamprey2603 - anything from @Chris_K is the definitive word on the matter.

O2 Social Media links beneath this post if you need to reach out to O2.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lamprey2603 

Main thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introducing-Volt-the-new-supercharged-service-from-Virgin...

It's a common and meaningless error message.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Of course, it helps if I remember to paste in the Permalink, @MI5 - thanks!

I did ask @Martin-O2 if it is possible to set up a # shortcut to that topic, would make it a damn sight easier to reference!

Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Of course, it helps if I remember to paste in the Permalink, @MI5 - thanks!

I did ask @Martin-O2 if it is possible to set up a # shortcut to that topic, would make it a damn sight easier to reference!

I'll get that done for you today @pgn 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

All done @pgn 😉

Volt Megaguide 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6