Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAC code

anon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mother is, unfortunately, having to leave O2, she has moved house and the reception is none existent in that area, the only service which covers that area is Vodaphone so after a long talk in carphone warehouse we decided to make the jump and got her a phone on a monthly contract with Vodafone.

However, an issue arose when she realized that she needed to keep her phone number for work purposes, we were then told by carphone that we could ring the 202 number to ask and receive a PAC code so my mother could transfer her old number to her new phone.

We went home with her new phone and attempted to ring the 202 number, we were greeted by a woman on the phone who refused to talk to us about the PAC code, she attempted to sell us a new phone, a screen protector, and case, then tried to talk to us about mobile and data coverage. It took around 20 minutes of myself and my mother asking for the PAC code and ONLY the PAC code before she would consider giving it to us.

The whole situation was explained to her that we already had a new phone with Vodafone, we had a case etc, and all we needed was the PAC code and yet she still refused to cooperate, quite frankly it was an absolutely dreadful experience and has seriously swayed my opinion on the company (as I am an existing O2 customer).

After 20 minutes of asking for the same thing, she finally said she would email us a PAC code and that it'd be sent to my mother's linked Email. We received something related to a PAC code via text but nothing via email. when we handed this code we received via text to Vodafone, Vodafone told us that it was invalid and could not be used.

I don't know whats going on with O2 but either there's a mistake on our behalf and were looking in the wrong place for the real PAC code, or the woman on the 202 number has deliberately given us a faulty code or not sent it at all, in the hopes well stay an existing O2 customer, and after the awful experience on the phone the latter does not sound too unreasonable!

Any help on how to solve this would be deeply appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@anon Your PAC should come to you by text. O2 cannot withold it from you. See this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@anon Your PAC should come to you by text. O2 cannot withold it from you. See this guide: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

anon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So would the PAC code be a 6 digit code only comprised of numbers? As that is the only related item we've received from O2 as of now and it's currently been 2 days since we made the phone call.

Or could it be that Vodafone is having issues and is unable to accept this code we've received?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
A PAC consists of 3 letters followed by 5 numbers.
If you don’t have the 3 letters at the start you have been given a PUK code by mistake.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@anon I would suggest you call customer service and request your PAC again. Don't let them try to fob you off or try to get you to stay. You have a legitimate reason for leaving, and you are entitled to your PAC. It is your right to receive it. Once you have it, give it to Vodafone. The rest should be straight forward, and your O2 contract will be automatically canceled. If your current contract is paid for by Direct Debit, leave it in place until you receive a zero bill. We always hear of horror stories where there are pennies left over and O2 puts a negative mark on credit ratings.

This process should be simple. You shouldn't be put through the wringer just to get your PAC.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @anon and welcome to the forum Wave How are you getting on, does your mother have her PAC code now? Please let us know if you need any more help slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6