Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number recognition

Ange23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, when I send a text message to someone in my contacts, they receive the message and reply to me but I then receive a message from a +44 phone number.

It is the same number that I messaged but it doesn’t recognise the number. I therefore have to save two contact numbers for the same person one being 0770 and the other being +44770. Please help because it’s really frustrating

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ange23 

If you have dialling assist turned on in settings your phone will default to the +44 format.

You can either just save and use numbers in the +44 format or turn off dial assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ange23 

If you have dialling assist turned on in settings your phone will default to the +44 format.

You can either just save and use numbers in the +44 format or turn off dial assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Ange23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I will try that 😁

Message 3 of 3