Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port not happened.

MA-2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Sunday afternoon I requested the transfer of my old number from GiffGaff in replacement for the number on my new phone I bought from you last week on a pay monthly contract.  I thought this would be happening today but nothing has happened. How can I check this instruction has been received and when will my number  be transferred?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The number on the first page is just for contact purposes so you can put in any number you want.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

It might be worth filling out the keep my number form in the guide below @MA-2021 to make sure it goes through.

You should get a text confirming the day the number move will go through.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MA-2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but that was the form I completed on Sunday. Have completed it again. I take it that the phone number to go in the box on the first page is the new O2 number supplied with the phone which I want to change? It's not exactly clear on the screen which one they are asking for.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I think the number you enter is the one you want to keep @MA-2021 , but not 100% so I'll call in an expert.

@MI5 - is the number you enter on the form the one you want to keep from the old provider or the new one you want to get rid of?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The number on the first page is just for contact purposes so you can put in any number you want.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5