Did you mean: 

No service after switch to O2

jcj95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

New here as evident by the title so apologies if I’m posting in the wrong place. 

I recently switched from Three to O2 and my number has now successfully ported (as of yesterday) but I am continually getting “no service”. I have taken the SIM card out and reinserted it several times, restarted my iPhone several times, turned airplane mode on and off several time and had no luck. My phone also says “no SIM restrictions”, so I’m sure it’s not an issue with the network. I tried it in another phone and nothing there either. I called O2 customer services and did a network settings reset and no luck there either  According to them, the SIM is fully active from their side so there is some issue on my end. They suggested my phone may be “latched” to Three but I’m pretty sure that can’t be the case given the “no SIM restrictions”. I’m also pretty sure it’s not just a location issue as I’ve checked the network coverage in my area and it should be good (and I was travelling yesterday and never got anything but “no service” wherever I was). 

Any help? I hope the answer isn’t “go into an O2 store” because I’ll be out of service for at least another day then 😅 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jcj95 

Sounds like a sim problem, so you have 2 choices

Quickest - pop into an o2 store with Photo ID and ask them to do a sim swap

Slowest - Call o2 and get them to post a sim out, this can take 5-7 days to arrive, and you more than likely have to call them to activate the new sim. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jcj95 

Sounds like a sim problem, so you have 2 choices

Quickest - pop into an o2 store with Photo ID and ask them to do a sim swap

Slowest - Call o2 and get them to post a sim out, this can take 5-7 days to arrive, and you more than likely have to call them to activate the new sim. 

Message 2 of 4

jcj95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It was what I feared but I went into O2 and did a SIM swap. Still had no service for several hours (I expected this as they said it might be up to 24 hours to activate the SIM) but after resetting my network settings again (I’ve been turning everything off and on again every few hours just in case), service suddenly appeared 😁 

All’s well that ends well!

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Good to hear you all back up and running @jcj95  slight_smile 

Message 4 of 4