No Service Abroad - Italy

Svents
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can assist me.

I've had a 02 sim card since 2018, and since moving to Italy for work a year ago, I've been unable to use my phone for calls,data roaming, can't send messages, can't receive calls etc. This happened in June. 

I must have called more than ten times since then, and customer service has been unable to assist me in any way. Nothing happened after they told me to factory reset my iPhone (which I did). To be sure, I tried every possible solution, but nothing worked. Then, when I tried the sim on another phone, there was still no service.

At this point, I assumed the problem was with the sim, so I requested a replacement, which was sent to my UK address and then had to be mailed to me in Italy. Again, the same problem. I'm at a loss for what to do. The problem is that all of my accounts and banking accounts are linked to this number, and I really don't want to go through changing everything.

Does anyone know what's going on here and why O2 hasn't been able to help me at all!? Mind you, I've been paying 13£ per month for basically nothing since June 2022.....

thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You don't say whether it's pay and go or pay monthly contract

As you are paying every month then presumably you have a contract

As per the fair usage terms and conditions you can only use your phone overseas for 63 days in any four month period

Using the phone back in the UK will reset the 63 days

I suspect that this may be one issue

https://www.o2.co.uk/roamfairuse

Apart from that it would appear there is some other sort of restriction on your account

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You don't say whether it's pay and go or pay monthly contract

As you are paying every month then presumably you have a contract

As per the fair usage terms and conditions you can only use your phone overseas for 63 days in any four month period

Using the phone back in the UK will reset the 63 days

I suspect that this may be one issue

https://www.o2.co.uk/roamfairuse

Apart from that it would appear there is some other sort of restriction on your account

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 2