Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New switch up rules

Smith07
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just trying to understand something out on the 2nd August 2023 I upgraded which then included been on plus plan. I have seen the changes say if you take out plus plan from 3rd August 23 you can only switch up every 90 days. But I started the plusplan on the 2nd does this mean I should still be able to switch up every 14 days? I have spoken to someone on chat and they said because I switched up in February this year I have now started a new contract and have to wait 90 days 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Smith07 

Discussed and clarified here Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Basically, if you started before the change to the T&C's you stay on your original terms and can switch up anytime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

H3LLCAT505
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 352 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If you did switch in February this year when it will 90days till you able to do again. Everytime you switch up you are effectively cancelling old contract and starting a brand new contract 

Message 2 of 6

Smith07
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is what they said but not what it says on O2 terms it says if it was taken out before 3rd August you can continue to switch up whenever you like

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144967 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions

@Smith07 

Discussed and clarified here Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Basically, if you started before the change to the T&C's you stay on your original terms and can switch up anytime.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Smith07
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So if I took it out on 2nd August 2023 I will be on old t&c? even though I switched up in Feb this year because customer service are adamant I now have to wait 90 days because they are saying I started a new contract 

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10278 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Smith07 

The best people to speak to are the staff in store, and get them to see what the system says, as you cant do switch up online or other the phone.... 

But expect a struggle as the system may say no...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6