Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone going to wrong address

Tamino79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a new phone last night and, despite entering my address during the process, it’s going to my old address which was still listed as my billing address (though I’ve now changed this retrospectively). 

I called O2 customer services who said the order “should” be cancelled within 24 hours. With something like this where time is surely of the essence “should be” and “within 24 hours” feels a little unsatisfactory. 

My question is, is there a different set of options I should have chosen to speak to someone else who’ll cancel it right now while I’m on the phone? Someone clearly has the ability to cancel the order - I’d like to speak to that person.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

You need Sales to deal with this

You can call them on 0800 081 0255

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Tamino79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I’ve spoken to sales three times but nobody has been any help or done what they said they were going to do. The last guy said he’d spoken to DpD to change the delivery address but DPD say it is still headed to my old address and they have no record of a call from O2.

Is there a way to escalate an issue that isn’t being dealt with?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144468 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Tamino79 

You could log a complaint using Resolver nut the response isn't instant. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4