Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Unlock code unsuccessful

HenryT
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Samsung Alpha is locked into O2 and works well. A vodafone sim results in the expected request for SIM network unlock PIN. The 8 digit code was purchased on line, but result was " code unsuccessful". ( tried twice).

I eventually was able to obtain the network unlatching code from o2  and low and behold, its the same 8 digits.

The Samsung Alpha SM-G850F, seems to offer very limited access to menus using  *# type codes.  so I can't see if any other locks are in place. The phone was purchased direct from o2 in 2016. No other attempts have been made to unlock the phone from the o2 network and no other error messages appear.

The vodafone sim is an active one.

Any useful suggestions as to the next moves to unlock from the network? (Lots of threads on forum but none seem to apply)

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HenryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

"My Care" unexpectedly replied this morning after telling me that the service had ended. They supplied a MCK code for unfreezing ( phone show no indication of being frozen). Now that I had this code I decided to have a third attempt at entering the NCK code to unlock from network, but this time I disabled WIFI ( on advice of another forum). The phone then unlocked with the original code and without the use of todays unfreeze code. 

On the two earlier attempts i noted the " requesting network " message, but today I think that this was missing.

Def. no errors in entering the digits for network unlock code.

Interesting?

Thanks to all who helped.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@HenryT Have you tried the suggestions in this guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card. - o2uk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

HenryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

These suggestions seem to centre around getting the correct unlatching code (NUK) for the imei on the phone.  I have what would appear to be the correct code, obtained from two sources including o2. Entering this code generates a code unsuccessful response. There must be another reason for the phone staying locked onto o2. There are no freeze type messages generated and there have been no earlier attempts to unlock the phone.

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@HenryT It would be best to speak to customer service then.
Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

HenryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for advice.

I tried the early morning phone call and the menus are not now in the same format that you suggested, but by constantly pressing 7 I was able to speak to a real person.

My problem was escalated towards Samsung and the next morning O2 sent an email with the details that had been submitted. The email came from  “my care” and they advised that if no response came within the given time scale ( no scale given), then I should re contact them for an update. After one week I did this only to receive a reply telling me that this service has now been discontinued and I should follow supplied link to “live chat”.

This link doesn’t work and trying to get to someone on live chat, such a guru, seems to be impossible too.

All in all very disappointing.

Local town centre  “unlocking” services want anything from £15 to £35 for a code to be generated and none of them offer a hardware solution. I advised them that I already have a network unlock code both from o2 and another supplier. ( same non working code).

Any more tips?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@HenryT 

Sounds like the phone could be hardlocked.

I will tag @Martin-O2 @RafaC or @lewys-gp to help

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, @MI5.

@HenryT, I will send you a private message asking for some details. I can then escalate this on your behalf.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 7 of 9

HenryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

"My Care" unexpectedly replied this morning after telling me that the service had ended. They supplied a MCK code for unfreezing ( phone show no indication of being frozen). Now that I had this code I decided to have a third attempt at entering the NCK code to unlock from network, but this time I disabled WIFI ( on advice of another forum). The phone then unlocked with the original code and without the use of todays unfreeze code. 

On the two earlier attempts i noted the " requesting network " message, but today I think that this was missing.

Def. no errors in entering the digits for network unlock code.

Interesting?

Thanks to all who helped.

Message 8 of 9

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for letting the community know, @HenryT! Glad you could get it sorted.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 9 of 9