Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Weinreb
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff To answer your last question first, all mobile phones make in the last 10 years or so have had the ability to receive general broadcasts ( that is those with no receiving number attached). This has been used for years in the US to send out “amber alerts” about missing children. HMG did a limited test of this a couple of years ago to see if the UK’s networks were compatible. They are.

Since it was a blind transmission, no one knew, or cared who has had a Covid vaccination or not. 
O2 and the other networks were just being used as the delivery mechanism and are not responsible for the content, just as your postman isn’t responsible for the content of the letters you receive.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@GoosePlays20 

This is nothing to do with O2.

They are being sent by the NHS at the request of the government.

It's them you need to contact.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

GoosePlays20
  • 34 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

U sure? Some people thought it was the phone networks via twitter as they should have details on who has had the booster... Clearly they don't if it was actually the government. Also, how did it get out in mass?

Message 3 of 7

Mark_Weinreb
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff To answer your last question first, all mobile phones make in the last 10 years or so have had the ability to receive general broadcasts ( that is those with no receiving number attached). This has been used for years in the US to send out “amber alerts” about missing children. HMG did a limited test of this a couple of years ago to see if the UK’s networks were compatible. They are.

Since it was a blind transmission, no one knew, or cared who has had a Covid vaccination or not. 
O2 and the other networks were just being used as the delivery mechanism and are not responsible for the content, just as your postman isn’t responsible for the content of the letters you receive.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mark_Weinreb 

I think you tagged the wrong person. I never asked a question. I simply answered one.

All the info you posted I was well aware of. Thanks anyway.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Mark_Weinreb
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff Sorry, finger trouble. I meant to tag @GoosePlays20 

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts