Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music abroad

whitton_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I’m heading to France from the U.K. tomorrow. Trying to find a way to play music on the long drive. Apple Music looks like a plan but….will it cost me lots in roaming charges to stream the music on the trip. Also what about connectivity ie 02 network.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@whitton_ 

Data is usually excellent in France (I go there 5 or 6 times a year and never had any problems) and you can use up to 25gb of your data (if you have that much) per billing period, without any extra charges.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@whitton_ 

Data is usually excellent in France (I go there 5 or 6 times a year and never had any problems) and you can use up to 25gb of your data (if you have that much) per billing period, without any extra charges.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

whitton_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazing thankyou. I don’t suppose you know how much data a song uses? It’s a long drive!

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@whitton_ 

Depends on the quality of the song stream and its around 5mb per 3 minute song (on standard / low quality(

Just make sure its not set to High quality as thats upto 25mb per song

Settings -> Music -> Audio Quality -> Mobile Data Streaming:

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@whitton_ 

Around 120 megabytes for every 60 minutes of streaming.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@whitton_ 

You can also download songs when on wifi to listen to offline https://www.musicianwave.com/how-to-stop-apple-music-from-using-all-of-your-cellular-data/#:~:text=A....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6