Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving between networks and keeping your old number

AlanTheFireman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've bought two services from O2, one a handset bundle and the other a SIM only.  I raised requests for both number transfers yesterday well before the deadline for next working processing.  The change on the handset bundle is complete and the new number reflects in My Account.  The other hasn't started as my old number on my old network still works.  Do these changes sometimes take longer than a working day or is the working day until midnight UK time?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlanTheFireman The changes usually take up to 24-48 hours. Any longer then call customer service to see what’s happening 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlanTheFireman The changes usually take up to 24-48 hours. Any longer then call customer service to see what’s happening 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They can take 2-3 days. If you want, caii customer servce to check the orogress

Contact us

Message 3 of 7

AlanTheFireman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I'll sit tight then.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should have received a text advising you of the date of transfer.
If you haven’t, you need to request it again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

AlanTheFireman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The end result was that despite the online system appearing to accept my move request, it had not in fact been captured.  The day following I contacted Customer Services who were very helpful and initiated the request over the phone.  The move then occurred between 09:00 and 12:00 the following day.  I received one SMS to the effect that the move would occur but this came late in the afternoon after the move.

It would have been helpful if an SMS had been sent as soon as the request had been captured.  Perhaps this is the intent, but it didn't happen for either of the two move requests I made for different numbers on the same day.  The first worked fine, the second needed manul intervention.

Based on this experience, if you don't see your new SIM go to Emergency Calls Only by midday on the day that the move is scheduled, contact Customer Services to confirm that it's in process.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, correct re the text, as I said above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7