Did you mean: 

Mobile Replacement

JoeWright
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon, 

I have a contract for a Pixel 7 and the phone randomly broke last week. I brought it into a store, there was no damage on the phone, and it got sent away. The phone was not able to be fixed so I was informed I would be getting a new one. 

It has arrived today and the letter states it is a refurbished phone, which is second hand. I am wondering why when I got the phone, it was brand new, and now I have to settle for a second hand phone, and I pay the same each month. 

If it was a brand new phone, my bill would rightly stay the same. As this is second hand, shouldn't I get a discounted price to pay? If not, how would I go about getting my original phone replaced with another brand new phone. Ideally in the same colour as the previous one, this new one is black. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6613 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Don't know how long you had the Pixel 7 but if you read your insurance policy it states clearly that if a phone can't be economically repaired it will most likely be replaced with a refurbished model

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JoeWright 

Your phone was no longer brand new when you sent it for repair.

The replacements are always refurbs unless the fault develops in the first 30 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3