cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive problems with transferring my number!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a new iPhone 5S on an O2 monthly contract last week (I was previously Orange).  I gave the advisor my PAC code to get my number transferred and was told it could take up to 24 hours.  During this time, I still had my old Orange phone up and running as needed to take/receive calls in the meantime.  24hrs later, I could receive calls on my iPhone on the number that I asked to come across, but couldn't receive any txt messages.  I queried this and was told to wait a further 24hrs as the number can take longer to transfer.  I switched both phones off (old and new) and waiting until the morning.  When I switched on my iPhone, I was no longer able to receive any calls!  When people call or txt me, it goes through to my old Orange phone (it even says "welcome to Orange answerphone" when people can't get through).  I spoke to O2 again and was told it was my sim card that is faulty and they have orded me another one.

In the meantime, I thought I would speak to a different advisor and was told something different and that I have a split service and that they would need to escalate this and contact Orange on my behalf to get them to release my number fully and that this could take a few days.

As of yesterday I now have 'no service' on my iPhone so am back to using my old Orange phone!  I wonder if they have deactivated my sim card as a new one is being sent to me - which would seem odd as why would it be deactivated before I've even received a new sim??  Plus, still no update about my 'split service'.

Has anyone else had this problem as I seem to be going round in circles???  The online chat facility was less than helpful with their 'copy and paste' answers!

Very frustrated as I'm paying for a service that I can't even use!

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Normally the new sims don't arrive activated for security reasons so don't be surprised if you will have to contact O2 and have it activated which would mean longer wait, but usually activated within 24 hours

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The no service on your iPhone means the transfer is in progress and you will be able to use your new phone possibly today. It does take few days to transfer. Switching the phone off and on will also help.
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
There has been a number of instances of people having hiccups when porting from orange.

Keep on at them and ring customer services. Don't use live chat.

It can take some days to settle sometimes.

Contact Customer Service Number
From your O2 mobile 202 > Free
From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no service for over 24 hours now and I can still use my old phone as normal, even though the old Orange number is now and O2 number.  If the transfer was taking place (again), would I still be able to use my old phone?

Thanks

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully my new sim will arrive today so will try that and will call them again tomorrow.

Won't be using live chat again - I get the feeling I knew more than they did!
Message 5 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144970 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27814 Solutions
We ALWAYS get problems porting numbers from Orange.....
I have no idea why but whenever someone comes on here with a porting issue it is always from an Orange number..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Live Chat are non UK outsourced callcentres centres who are ok for non account general enquiries. ..

Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't bother with live chat hope you get it sorted slight_smile
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
We ALWAYS get problems porting numbers from Orange.....
I have no idea why but whenever someone comes on here with a porting issue it is always from an Orange number..... 😞

Does it ever get resolved, or can I expect weeks of going back an forth???

Starting to wish i'd kept the new number that was given to me!

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does get resolved but may take a little longer for some strange reason
Message 10 of 23