cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lbm marketing group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I had to give my number on the O2 website 'to prove it's my number' - today I've had 2 calls from Lbm marketing 08000641087. I don't give my number out and I'm annoyed with this intrusion.

Thanks a lot O2 for passing my number on to marketing companies

Soon to be ex customer.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

From their website :

LBM provides complete Customer Lifecycle Solutions delivered through Intelligent Contact, enabling clients to maximise value from the relationships they have with their customers.

Now that's what I call corporate-speak !........what a load of old tosh.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another lot of spammers I'm afraid. There seems to be everywhere not just O2
Message 3 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Looks like it is courtesy of O2:

http://www.dynamoo.com/diary/lbm-direct-marketing.htm

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3144 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Check in your online account. Somewhere in "My personal details" there is a "do not send me marketing materials" box to untick.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I'll give it a shot
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
just checked, those options already unticked. I'll have to contact customer services I think.
Message 7 of 10

DiscoMan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a phone call today from LBM Marketing Group who said they were from o2. I asked if they were an agent or subsidiary company and they repeated they were calling from o2. Having said that, I was on a £10 a month package for call, texts & internet (mobile) and he recommended a low user tarif at £8. During the conversation I entered the number they were calling into Google and it looked genuinly linked to o2 so I agreed to change my package as it saved me money. After the call I telephoned o2 customer services who assured me the caller was genuine and that what he offered would suit my needs and save me money so I felt reassured. I have now blocked unsolicited calls and texts from my mobile as reading some of the comments on this subject I was quite worried until I called o2. I will now rely on e mails from o2 to temp me to change tarrif or handset 

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 107840 Posts
  • 794 Topics
  • 5774 Solutions

Here's some info on LBM marketing. Yes... they do sell on behalf of O2...(and vodaphone)

http://www.dynamoo.com/diary/lbm-direct-marketing.htm

*The Game Is On*

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@DiscoMan

As you have effectively upgraded by the telephone you are covered under the Distance Selling Regulations. If you feel uncomfortable you have 14 days during which you can cancel (don't delay though as if you waited till day 14 then the company insisted it in writing. .....).

If however you are happy then good luck with your new tariff which hopefully meets your needs. Please just check you haven't been placed onto a business contract.

As a general rule it is NOT recommended on here to upgrade via a cold call.
Message 10 of 10