Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection

Mand123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I need internet usage for my smart meters but I’m not happy about paying fifty pounds for a bt connection charge! Is there any way that o2 can use my mobile data to do the same thing? I’m not very tech savvy so I may be not making much sense but any advice would be welcome. Thanks, Mandy. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mand123 

Yes it may be possible to link your meters to your phone for reporting usage but you would need to speak to your energy provider to set up the connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mand123 

Yes it may be possible to link your meters to your phone for reporting usage but you would need to speak to your energy provider to set up the connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Mand123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou. I’ll look into it. Much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4