cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei E220 and Win 7 compatibility issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I got a new laptop with Windows 7 for Christmas. I've tried to install the Huawei E220 dongle that I already have on it. Strangley, the software part installed, but when the software boots up, it says that the "Wireless device cannot be detected", despite being plugged into the computer.

I have already installed the dongle onto two other comptuers - is it possible that my problem is to do with licences?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
have you run a windows 7 update with your device connected? This should then download the drivers from the web. (If you are able to use the internet at some ones house etc.

Also if you are still having problems, go into the add and remove programmes and see if the device is listed, if it is, uninstall it. (make sure the device isnt connected) then reboot and reinstall the device.
You could also ask widnows to do a restore to a earlier part of windows (Before you connected the o2 modem)
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to download the latest version of the mobile broadband software from www.o2.co.uk/win7 if you haven't already
Message 3 of 3