cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much would it cost to unlock this phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My friend purchased an O2 phone on contract, she lost it and continued her contract on another phone, then she decided to buy a new phone and continue it on that one. She has given me the second phone that she had the contract on, it's locked to O2 and I would like to get it unlocked, how much would this cost? I don't have a sim in the phone.

thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ask you friend to unlock by filling in the form with her mobile number that she used in the phone and the IMEI number of the phone you have. It's free that way.

Otherwise it will cost you a top up of £20 with an o2 P&G sim. Use it for a couple of calls leaving £15 credit to unlock the phone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ask you friend to unlock by filling in the form with her mobile number that she used in the phone and the IMEI number of the phone you have. It's free that way.

Otherwise it will cost you a top up of £20 with an o2 P&G sim. Use it for a couple of calls leaving £15 credit to unlock the phone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Same answer as you were given before http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Confused-about-the-price-of-getting-an-o2-phone...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Must have forgotten about it or couldn't find it ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
lol, I meant the OP wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions