cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does credit check take these days?

tabibu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been a customer with O2 for over 3 years now, having my phone through them and my monthly contract. I've never missed a payment, have upgraded in between and paid the old device in full, etc. 

Yesterday I ordered an Apple Watch and now the order is stuck on "order confirmed". I did call today and was told that my order was referred for an in-person credit check. Does anyone know how long this usually takes? Am I likely to be refused/what kind of evidence are they looking for? I've never really had a problem like this before. Just looking for what other people have experienced.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tabibu 

It's an identity check to prevent fraud.

You will either be emailed a number to call them or they will call you and they will ask for details of the bank account that you are paying from to make sure it's yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you –

See links below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tabibu 

It's an identity check to prevent fraud.

You will either be emailed a number to call them or they will call you and they will ask for details of the bank account that you are paying from to make sure it's yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

tabibu
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both! I was worried that they might reject it for whatever reason. I guess I have to play the patience game then... 😶

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pop
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how long is the credit check for you pls?

I've placed the order for nothing phone (1) like 30 mins ago and the only reason i order with O2 because it shows i can collect it today in my store. I'd just order on Amazon (they have it too) if I know I can't get it today... poor O2 service should just put the credit check info on the website when people check the stock 👎

Message 6 of 7

Vishnu
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same situation here....i ordered samsung galaxy s22 ultra on 29/11/2022 ..mthe reason why I order from O2 was the same day collection from the store...but when I placed the order it seems the date is 01/12/22..till now no updation mail..! customer care team is saying that it's progressing in credit checks ?

Message 7 of 7