cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Term upgrade complaint

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I am almost upon the 12 months half term upgrade of my 24 month buisness contract, I have only just singed up and have already seen a lot of posts about this issue where the customer has been sold a contract and told that at 12 months they can have a free upgrade to any phone they wish.
I have already been told this is not an option at my local store where I was basically lied to 12 months ago.
So that said Im not going to mess around, I would like a MOD on this site to give me details how I ccan complain about this situation and I will then be following that up with offcom.
There is more than enough evidence just on this forum to support a case, its pretty obvious that so many customers were promised a free upgrade to get them to sign up and then 12 months later wont follow though.
I await a MODS response, thank you
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Mods do not reply (not O2) and the odd official O2 staff (site admin) are normally not active you have to contact them by pm.
If you want to complain to O2 use the complaint review service. Details on O2 support pages or many threads.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advise do you have the name of any of these members ?
Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
take a look at some of the sticky threads but they only work weekdays
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,
Feel free to drop me a PM with your details. We're more than happy to look into this for you.
Thanks.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, please feel free to close this post as all my issues have now been resolved to my satisfaction, all it took was a well worded email and a phone call from a representative of the CEO.
Thanks again guys
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron,
Was it in response to this thread or something you've done further. I'm in the same position as you at present and have been told conflicting information from various O2 depts.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
i feel that everybody has to kick up a fuss to get thier free upgrade.
at present i would choose youtube.. it goes to the top of google VERY QUICKLY..
I do feel they are on the backfoot on this issue and I will very shortly put up the black and white copy of the agreement that htey enticed everybody into
Message 8 of 8