cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Fold 3 - O2 recycle offer - how does it work?

T0mt0m
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just ordered a Z Fold 3 and wish to recycle my old Note 10 Plus 5G using the Z Fold 3 special offer which gives you an extra £250 for your device, but I can't figure out how to do it!

The O2 recycle website being separate from O2.co.uk, with a different account, it does not take my purchase into account. I tried to quote my order number as a voucher code but it does not work.

How this promotion works is as clear as mud!

What do I need to do?

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give! 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Looks like the Order Number is what you need to quote to O2Recycle when booking your old phone in for processing, @T0mt0m:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/samsung-galaxy-s21-5g-samsung-galaxy-s21-5g-samsung-...

pgn_1-1630166671372.png

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Ah, yes - O2 Recycle is here: https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/

Watch out for the clause "Minimum quality requirements apply" - many have sent what they considered to be a perfectly serviceable phone away to O2 Recycle, only to have their tradeback value slashed because the "phone arrive with defects, eg scratches, broken glass, not functioning, etc".

The Z Fold 5G Recycle offer is shown here: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-z-fold3-5g

• Terms for the Unlimited Plan with Recycle:
  • Get up to £530 when you trade in a Samsung Galaxy device. Ends 30 September.
  • O2 Recycle, get up to £530: Purchase the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G directly from O2 between 11.08.21 and 30.09.21 and trade in your old device with O2 Recycle to claim up to £530. £530 consists of £250 enhanced recycle and £280 amount paid out on average to customers when trading in recent Samsung Galaxy devices between April 2020 and March 2021. See o2.co.uk/terms. Minimum quality requirements apply.

O2 Recycle: Your device must pass our checklist. The value of your trade in will depend on the model and condition. Terms apply see https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2recycle.

UK data only. Fair Usage policy applies. Devices are subject to availability. 0% APR. Finance subject to status and credit checks. 18+. Direct Debit. Credit provided by Telefónica UK Ltd, SL1 4DX. Telefónica UK is authorised and regulated by the FCA for consumer credit and insurance. Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.

The other offers also available from the links above, where Ts&Cs are covered - but do make sure you take copious photos of your old device before you send it away to O2 Recycle - and you might want to check if a walk-in recycle company, or a CeX store (as an example) would not offer you as much for your phone, paid into your hand.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 10

T0mt0m
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply pgn.

I have however already read all the t&c in the vain hope it would clear things up. But it didn't.

It merely says "buy your new phone, recycle the old one and get an extra £250" but I did just that and there is no indication that if I go through with it and send my old phone I will get the extra cash.

There is no process explained anywhere in the t&c.

Do I quote my order number? If so, where do I quote it? And to whom? O2? O2 Recycle ?

I honestly want to bash my heard against the wall. 

Message 3 of 10

pgn
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Looks like the Order Number is what you need to quote to O2Recycle when booking your old phone in for processing, @T0mt0m:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/samsung-galaxy-s21-5g-samsung-galaxy-s21-5g-samsung-...

pgn_1-1630166671372.png

Message 4 of 10

T0mt0m
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried entering my order number as a voucher code on o2 recycle but it isn't recognised. I am hoping it is just because my z fold 3 order was placed less than 24 hours ago. If ONLY somebody from o2 could be **bleep** to answer customer's queries.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@T0mt0m 

You order number isn't valid for the discount until you receive and register your new phone on the network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

T0mt0m
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5. I wish o2 would add this very important detail in their t&c. One sentence.

The new phone will be here tomorrow. I am hoping it will then all work out.

Thanks again for the help. 

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Give it a day's use on the network and you should be OK @T0mt0m although there are some customers effected with a system issue currently, hopefully you won't be.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Dadalion
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've not been able to use my order number, my phone number or the random code given to me on a "voucher" for £150 extra for my Samsung Note 10. I've tried before I received my new phone, when I received my phone and now a few days after. There is an odd requirement of processing the recycle before the 5th, but they don't have to receive the phone till the 19th. As my codes haven't worked I've missed the first deadline - so today I just put the recycle through without the voucher code. If I don't manage to get the £150 it will be because of **** customer service 😞

Message 9 of 10

Dadalion
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And (as mentioned on this thread?) surprise surprise - there happens to all of a sudden be a cracked screen once I've posted it so I'm only getting £30 - yeesh *** people just use CEX or FB Marketplace !! 

Message 10 of 10