Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free ear buds dispute

CSho99999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered the Samsung s23 ultra which had the promotion of free ear buds. As with the terms and conditions I waited 30+ days to recieve the sms code. This never arrived. I spoke with o2 who redirected me to samsung, who then redirected me to o2 as its an o2 promotion. 

After speaking to o2 again (which they did try and send me back to samsung) I was told I should have claimed within the 30 day of purchase. Which then explained wasn't what was included in the terms and conditions. 

After more to and throwing, o2 have then told me I'm not eligible as I selected the £150 cashback with trade in. This is not what I was expecting as I dont have a phone to trade in and only bought this phone because of the ear buds promotion. 

Has anybody had a similar experience and is there anyway to resolve this dispute with them? 

I'm due a call back from o2 management in the next 24 hours but no feeling hopeful. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Chelsmw
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same problem...it seems nobody at o2 believes this promotion ever existed!!

Message 2 of 9

CSho99999
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So about 10 mins ago I recieve a text message from o2 with details on how to claim my ear buds! Obviously the last rude customer advisor I spoke with who told me I was not eligible and that it was all my own fault clearly didn't have a clue!!!

Message 3 of 9

Hobo65
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same problem, received SMS code today and now going from pillar to post, phoned O2 then Samsung, then O2 who gave me another number for O2 who gave me a number for someone else that deals with gift cards, so if anyone has a number for O2 that is able to help it would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Hobo65 

Contact details here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to redeem the code @CSho99999?

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122977 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Breanna 

I was told by @O2Georgina on the 20/5, that this is an issue with O2. They are dealing with a backlog of requests for these buds and hoping to catch up asap.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

TeamEmezee
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With you on this scam, got the text message but the voucher code doesn't work. Bustards. Spent 1hr 30 mins for F all. 

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5744 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@TeamEmezee 

Does anything in Guide: Gift with Purchase help you ?  

Incidentally, it's not a scam, just a monumental mess !😁 

Message 9 of 9