Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud team

Mmm2m
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , I am reading about poor experience with fraud team on here . I am concerned as I suppose to be contacted by fraud team on Tue but they blocked my phone so I can’t do any action with calls and messages. How they supposed to contact me ? Also some people states they got 30 days to respond but costumer rights states any issues should be addressed within 14 days. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145073 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Mmm2m 

I'm not sure how they expect to contact you if they have cut you off so I'll tag @O2Sarah- to help on Monday morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 30

Mmm2m
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much ! I am hoping that will help ! 

Message 4 of 30

Plattynum
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in the same Situation it’s been over a week now and also been cut off. 

I rang o2 and they won’t even access my account until they have rang I haven’t a clue what’s going on and I need my phone for work. 

need this sorting asap. 

Message 5 of 30

pgn
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@Plattynum wrote:

I’m in the same Situation it’s been over a week now and also been cut off. 

I rang o2 and they won’t even access my account until they have rang I haven’t a clue what’s going on and I need my phone for work. 

need this sorting asap. 

And another one for @O2Sarah- in the morning - bet Mondays are the most hated Advisor days, Sarah 😖

@Plattynum watch out for a PM here on the forum in the morning. Good luck!

Message 6 of 30

foxtrotalpha123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a fraudster call me pretending to be o2 fraud. 
they managed to get an order through for an iphone 14 pro max on a different address after i mistakenly gave them a code. 
i rang the o2 fraud team literally minutes after. 

Told me they are going to cancel the order. The order shipped hours later anyway.  I was told by o2 that they are going to investigate and lock the account or something. Now i have no signal and they have cut it off.
I REALLY need my number back as i have lots of login's that use my number for authentication.

Got a DPD email for the phone that has been dispatched and is on the way to the scammers today.
I Delayed the delivery date for a week from now. 
Can anyone give me some assurances that i will get my number back? 

My tariff has now also changed to a more expensive one, will everything revert back to how it was? 

There really should be some more checks involved when someone changes an account's address that's been the same for 10+ years, then proceeds to order an iPhone instantly.  Even when i told you guys within 5 minutes the order was fraudulent, you continued to process and dispatch it! 

I was told by the fraud team that they would investigate then contact me, but how can they when they cut me off now because of the new phone being sent out? 

Message 7 of 30

pgn
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@foxtrotalpha123 wrote:

Had a fraudster call me pretending to be o2 fraud. 
they managed to get an order through for an iphone 14 pro max on a different address after i mistakenly gave them a code. 
i rang the o2 fraud team literally minutes after. 

Told me they are going to cancel the order. The order shipped hours later anyway.  I was told by o2 that they are going to investigate and lock the account or something. Now i have no signal and they have cut it off.
I REALLY need my number back as i have lots of login's that use my number for authentication.

Got a DPD email for the phone that has been dispatched and is on the way to the scammers today.
I Delayed the delivery date for a week from now. 
Can anyone give me some assurances that i will get my number back? 

My tariff has now also changed to a more expensive one, will everything revert back to how it was? 

There really should be some more checks involved when someone changes an account's address that's been the same for 10+ years, then proceeds to order an iPhone instantly.  Even when i told you guys within 5 minutes the order was fraudulent, you continued to process and dispatch it! 

I was told by the fraud team that they would investigate then contact me, but how can they when they cut me off now because of the new phone being sent out? 

As @O2Sarah- has been tagged above this post, perhaps she can take a look for you as well, @foxtrotalpha123 - watch out for a reply here later this morning. Good luck!

Message 8 of 30

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn

@foxtrotalpha123 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 9 of 30

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @pgn  I love my busy mondays 😄

@Plattynum I will send you a private message to see if there is anything I can do to help 

Message 10 of 30