Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud team

Mmm2m
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , I am reading about poor experience with fraud team on here . I am concerned as I suppose to be contacted by fraud team on Tue but they blocked my phone so I can’t do any action with calls and messages. How they supposed to contact me ? Also some people states they got 30 days to respond but costumer rights states any issues should be addressed within 14 days. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36822 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

@Mmm2m wrote:

Thank you to Emma02 for your help yesterday you have been one of few people who helped me with this issue not giving only empty promises to resolve it you helped a lot by  unblocking my account.  hope the fraud team will finally contact me by email .  I been really lucky to manage divert the parcel straight back to 02 but reading on this community not all people been so lucky so I am hopefully this scam issue will be resolved by the 02 in another different way as we can see the sms with the warning of not giving the code is not enough. Is been the most stressful week for me and it’s really affected my mental well-being as I been constantly nervous about the scam call . Hope this won’t happen to many people and hope the advisors will get more information how to really help people when it’s happened. Have a good day everyone and thank you again to anyone responding to my posts ! 

For @O2Emma - lovely feedback, and thank you 👍

Message 21 of 30

pgn
  • 36822 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

@O2Emma wrote:

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Mmm2m I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

@Bambino and @O2Emma - see feedback from @Mmm2m here - this is how support *should* be, ie reliving a stressful situation rather than removing all communication - please note @Martin-O2 and @Breanna -

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Fraud-team/m-p/1625053/highlight/true#M511...

Message 22 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23312 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @pgn and well done @O2Emma. Glad to see at least one of the three who posted in this thread had their issue resolved. Guess we won't know how the others fared.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 30

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Mmm2m @pgn @Bambino Thanks for the feedback .

@Mmm2m Any further issues you know where to find me .

signature
Message 24 of 30

Li3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma hi Emma, o2 fraud team have blocked my phone for 2 weeks. I have sent them emails and haven’t heard back. How do I drop you a private message for assistance. Really need to solve this asap please. Thank you.

Message 25 of 30

pgn
  • 36822 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

@Li3 - @O2Emma is on from 3pm Monday, if you want to keep an eye on your Private Messages here on the Forum around that time 👍

Message 26 of 30

Li3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn, will def keep an eye on my private message 👍🏼

Message 27 of 30

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Li3 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 28 of 30

pgn
  • 36822 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions
Message 29 of 30

Orange8
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I had exactly the same problem. Scam was on the 18th May, account frozen until last Friday 7th July.

I think the fraud team only rang me because as soon as I had my service back I applied for a PAC code to leave O2 and they thought that looked strange. 

I was assured the debt had been cleared and my account was back to normal but I am still getting calls from a debt collection company and my account still shows debts which are not mine so the saga hasn't ended yet. 

According to the assistant who called me from the fraud team it was an email from Sumaira in Customer Services 360 team who I spoke to on Thursday morning that finally did the trick. However I had emailed the CEO (Lutz Schueler) and customer complaints frequently, and decided to cc the press team on Thursday night stating that I had contacted the BBC You and Yours and Watchdog programmes. My account was then unlocked on Friday. 

According to the fraud team my fraud had been logged as impersonation fraud (which it was not) and that takes longer to process. Who knows if this is true so I will continue to make a formal complaint as 7 weeks without a phone is unacceptable.

These are the email addresses I cc'd. 

RPA_MB_CEOs_Office@o2.com, lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk, complaintreviewservice@o2.com, pressoffice@o2.com, press@virginmediao2.co.uk, press@virginmedia.co.uk

I hope this problem has bee resolved soon for you by now, but if not I really feel your pain. 

Message 30 of 30