Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

AthensLockdown
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All - so I am living in Athens at the moment and working remotely - I am a sole trader working on a number of UK based projects.  My data roaming  charges are going up each month ...  in spite of my usage not really changing. I am interested to see if others are experiencing similar rises... for example this month data roaming was an additional £47 .  

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

You have fallen foul by the sounds of it of the rules around roaming limits: 63 days in 120day max roaming, and your phone has to be used more in the UK than in Greece.. 

The below is from the T&C's

What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £3.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

Enterprise and Business sims have different rules

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@AthensLockdown 

You have fallen foul by the sounds of it of the rules around roaming limits: 63 days in 120day max roaming, and your phone has to be used more in the UK than in Greece.. 

The below is from the T&C's

What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £3.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

Enterprise and Business sims have different rules

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2