cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Research

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

We’re conducting some research and need some help from our customers.

O2 has entered an Industry Award competition (the ISPA Awards). All of the ISPs who enter have to conduct some independent tests on a small number of their customers connections and the results will be submitted to the Awards Judges.

We need to select some Home Broadband customers who joined the Premium package since 18th December, and some customers who use our Mobile Broadband Service on the 3GB package.

The testing requires customers to download and install a software application called Isposure which is provided to all entrants by an independent company called Epirito.

All the testing goes on in the background so it won’t affect the performance of your computer or broadband. The tests are purely about speed. Neither we nor Epitiro can see what sites you visit or any of the software applications you use.

If you are interested in volunteering to take part in this research, it’ll be really simple to set-up and we’ll send you all the info you need including the t&cs. We need it to be installed by the 12th February and the installation should take less than 5 minutes.

Once it is installed you don’t need to do anything. The tests will only happen whilst your computer is idle. Then at the end of the testing period we’ll let you know you can un-install and how to do it. The testing will take about 10 weeks (until early May).

If you’re interested in taking part, please send us a private message on this forum.
- For Home Broadband customers we need you to include your name, landline number and e-mail address.
- For Mobile Broadband customers we need you to include your name, the mobile number of your USB Modem and e-mail address.

If you are selected to participate in this research, as a thank you we will offer 3 months free Broadband service.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'd love to take part in this.

My speed as a brand new customer is shocking and compunded by the fact that the guy that sold me it charged me for a fifteen pounds vouchers to 'top-up' to get online!

count me in!
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
id love to take part but down to the fact that coverage in my area is not up to scratch i feel that your on a losing streak im even thinking about changeing providers sorry but i feel im not getting what i pay for seeing like i can get the same coverage on my phone please upgrade you coverage and you will definately get the responce you need garenteed
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
im using the e160 dongle and only been able 2 connect to bt openzone 2 but it says its avaliable why is this cookfella@googlemail.com
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to participate too - except I can't get the O2 dongle to work with my laptop. And O2 isn't interested in sorting out the problem!
Message 5 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
This scheme finished in May 2009.

Why not post your problem as a New Topic, (this post is "stickied" and ancient) I am sure someone here will try and help you?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
if i pay around £20 month can i use net as much as i like , will it run out ? , i want a mobile broardband which it does not run out , can any 1 help me . cheers phil
Message 7 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Take a look in the shop here:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/o2mobilebroa ... /24_months
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a very good idea of taking reviews of customers. I would love to be part of this survey and contribute.
Message 9 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It's a very good idea of taking reviews of customers. I would love to be part of this survey and contribute.

If you have read the original post, you will have noticed this finished in May 2009.

Message 10 of 14