Did you mean: 

Coming to O2 with my old number for international roaming

Chloecat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

So I am currently with Giffgaff which does not offer roaming/coverage in Lebanon, where I currently am because of lockdown restrictions.

I would like to keep my actual number and change UK provider which can offer roaming services in Lebanon. I have seen on O2 website that the pay monthly - instead of pay as you go - does including roaming services to Lebanon.

So I would like to know what are the next steps to:

1. Identify which O2 plans offer roaming in Lebanon - successful ones, as giffgaff website initially confirms that roaming exist in Lebanon but then has a hidden clause saying coverage might not be covered.

2. How to change from giffgaff to O2. I already have a PAC code and created an O2 account

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chloecat 

It's a moot point unless you have someone in the UK who can forward you on an O2 sim card, as O2 won't post a sim card outside of the UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chloecat 

Additionally, if you did switch to an O2 monthly tariff, you would need to pay these rates for call and texts and you cannot access any data services.

lebanon.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3