cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant use O2 Broadband SIM with Samsung Galaxy Pad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I insterted my Orange phone SIM into Galaxy Pad (Android 2.2) and it worked fine.
When I try O2 Broadband 10 SIM it doesnt work - no data is coming to the applications.
I received message from O2 with settings and installed them successfully. I even reinstalled it again sending message ACTIVE to 2020. Still isnt working.
Can I use pure broadband SIM or shall I use 'proper' phone SIM to be able to use mobile features of the Galaxy Pad?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The sims are the same there isnt a mobile broadband sim or a mobile sim they just use different price plans.
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you saying that you can make calls using 'broadband' SIM ? I dont think so.. I am pretty much sure that the services to which those SIMs are connected are different on the network level..
Surely SIMs are all the same - some chip hidden behind golden plated contacts.
Your reply is a sophism. Please refrain from the continuing the discussion. Thanks
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you saying that you can make calls using 'broadband' SIM ? I dont think so.. I am pretty much sure that the services to which those SIMs are connected are different on the network level..
Surely SIMs are all the same - some chip hidden behind golden plated contacts.
Your reply is a sophism. Please refrain from the continuing the discussion. Thanks

You should realy stop believing #### marketing my friend.
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
####

haha Okay whatever.
as i said earlier you should stop believing o2 Marketing Team. also as i said the Sims are exactly the same just different Price plans. Contact o2 there maybe a Data block on your account.
And...
####
That statement is far from accurate i always provide answers but less IT Educated people like yourself require it said in a different manner.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah. how come my sim has data block if I use it in my laptop exactly for that - for data.. this plan is designed for broadband... what data block?
and ok yeah you are IT guru. sure. I can call you king of siam. just tell me how to make it work.
until that...
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont know where the apns are in galaxy. if i knew i might resolve it myself.
and Orange "normal" SIM works without any settings.

anyway i was hoping to get support from O2 employees.
i will chat them online.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right Do this:
Goto menu
Networks
mobile Networks
Access Point Names

Here you can create New APN accounts or change it.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
if u do call them look for an alternative number @ http://www.saynoto0870.com/ this saves you calling a premium rate number
Message 9 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
@danny2k9, extreme patience shown, very helpful, as always despite the unnecessary attack. grin
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 18