Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to 3g dc-hspa and band 1

JoyGraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am using sony zx in Manchester city center. I recently found that I am not able to connect to dc-hspa and presumbly that's why my 3g speed is slow.

I can see plenty of masts (both band 1 and band 8 on the cellular tower map. With further invistigation, I found that I cannot even connect to Band 1. This is surprising because I can connect to 4g band 1 without problem.

I wonder whether it is specifc to my device or some other reasons related to the o2 network.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

O2 is probably redeploying services on the older 3G bands as 5G, @JoyGraham - 3G is not long for this world. 

Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Short of trying it somewhere else it's hard to say.

EE, Vodafone and 3 are winding down 3G this year and next. O2 have not announced anything. They may be doing something in the background or 3G faults have low priority.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

JoyGraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah. I am aware that 3g is moving away, but 4g and above signals are bad. Have you ever look at your 3g cellular info for this?

Message 4 of 6

JoyGraham
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will test it outside city centre this weekend. Have you ever look at your 3g cellular info for this?

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Manchester city centre has been terrible for the last few years

Reception improves as soon as you leave and go into the outlying areas

Message 6 of 6