cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can bolt-ons be restricted on my teenagers o2 pay monthly contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help, I need to find a way to stop my teenage daughter from adding data bolt ons every other day now that she lives with her dad who has no wifi. I have no day to day control as she doesnt live with me, and this months bill is over £100 because of these bolt ons. Is there any way to stop her? Maybe a restriction for kids or something? I'd be grateful for any help

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Is the contract in your name.? If so how is she managing to add these bolt ons without your permission?

I would presume she is able to access the account in some way.... If this is the case then I think you need to change your log on details so she no longer has access to the account.

You can change your username, password and security questions via My O2 (I have just checked this before I replied) They send you a verification link to your email address

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Is the contract in your name.? If so how is she managing to add these bolt ons without your permission?

I would presume she is able to access the account in some way.... If this is the case then I think you need to change your log on details so she no longer has access to the account.

You can change your username, password and security questions via My O2 (I have just checked this before I replied) They send you a verification link to your email address

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Unfortunately not, as Cleoriff has explained above, but you might find a cheaper option if you log into your My O2 and change the tariff to one with more data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want restrictions then follow @Cleoriff advice or set her up with a pay as you go phone
Message 4 of 4