cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to voicemail! Text arrive late!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey fellas!

Over the past 8 months or so I have been having a problem with receiving calls and texts. Sometimes, particularly in the morning I will not be able to receive calls or texts until I make a call, send a text or reboot the phone. I am using iPhone 4s running on the latest firmware. Although, I don’t think its an iPhone issue because I also have a Blackberry also on o2 and I am experiencing the same problem on it too. Some may suggest it’s a location problem, however, I have checked with o2 and they assured me that the services in my area are running just fine. Moreover, I have lived at two different parts of the country in these last 8 months and always had this problem. To ensure that it wasn’t my device that was faulty I had it changed and not just once but 4 times. I also had sim swapped twice.

I have been seeking advice from o2 on how to solve the issue all this time and still no luck. Eventually I got fed up with their stupid solutions like: wipe your sim card with dry cloth and see if that works. So I phoned their customer service team to terminate my contract without me having to pay off the remaining of my contract on the basics that they cannot provide me with the service I signed up for, I was of course told I cannot do that and to terminate the contact I will have to pay.

The worst thing was when I asked to speak to a manager they would not want to talk to me and I have been an o2 customer for over 6 years.

So I came here to see if anyone else is having this problem, any suggestions on how to solve it or any advice on whether I can terminate my contract without paying it off will be very helpful.

Regards

Denys

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You aren't going to have any joy from customer service about terminating your contract without paying up the agreed minimum term. I would suggest you test the waters by making your complaint official as a first step and then decide your next course of action based on their reply.

How do I make a complaint ? | Support | O2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You aren't going to have any joy from customer service about terminating your contract without paying up the agreed minimum term. I would suggest you test the waters by making your complaint official as a first step and then decide your next course of action based on their reply.

How do I make a complaint ? | Support | O2

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem and have had for some time . Originally with my iPhone 4 and now with my iPhone 5. A colleague also has the problem. Last night I received 4 voicemail messages nearly 24 hours after they had been left.

I went on line this morning and raised the issue but the person responding could not solve it and has passed it to technical support. So far no response. It is not a location problem and cannot be the SIM. It also occurred when I was out of the country.

If I get a call and do not know who it is like most I ignore it on the basis that if they really want me they will leave a message. If I get a call from someone I know but cannot answer then I only ring them back if a message has been left. But when it is not until the next day I get the message its useless.

Yesterday I had a meeting at 10:00 with two people. At 20:40 I received a text from each sent the previous day to confirm the meeting!

I hope O2 monitor this! There are many I believe who have the same problem.

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Text messages have never been that reliable:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service#Unreliability

Unreliability

Unlike dedicated texting systems like the Simple Network Paging Protocol and Motorola's ReFLEX protocol,[45] SMS message delivery is not guaranteed, and many implementations provide no mechanism through which a sender can determine whether an SMS message has been delivered in a timely manner.[citation needed][46] SMS messages are generally treated as lower-priority traffic than voice, and various studies have shown that around 1% to 5% of messages are lost entirely, even during normal operation conditions,[47] and others may not be delivered until long after their relevance has passed.[48] The use of SMS as an emergency notification service in particular has been starkly criticized.[49]

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4