Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Sim

Lee21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help? My father has had a sim only contract for years but he has decided to change to a monthly contract.  He saw a deal in another mobile phone shop on O2 network  but they couldn't change the contract over as they are saying it is a business sim contract.  We went back to the O2 store that we originally got the sim from and they are saying that it not a business sim contract.  Anyone else had this problem?  I am tempted just to get him a sim free phone as weh have been back and forward between the two stores all day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145059 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
@Lee21
Just call customer services and they will sort you out http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

He would need to cancel the monthly contract he has by calling customer service. If it is indeed a business contract then he needs to call 8002 to give 30 days notice. He is then free to take out a new sim only consumer monthly contract rather than trying to change over his current sim only contract.

Message 3 of 8

Lee21
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  How can I find out if its a business sim?  The store were adamant that it was not a business sim and that is not what he signed up for at the time.  Carphone Warehouse have said that O2 do this often when they have to bump up their sales targets.  Looks like they may be right for a change.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 145059 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Customer services will be able to tell you but if he can login here it's a normal consumer contact.
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Either way, don't try to swap the contract over, end the current one if there is no minimum term and it's a 30 day sim.

Message 6 of 8

Lee21
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked its definately not business sim.  Will give them a call later today

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well if you are calling them then it just be a simple change over but you would need to do that on the call. Be wary of deals seen elsewhere or they could put him on a business sim and that's the last thing he wants. Good luck grin

Message 8 of 8