cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster need for 4g in Berkshire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only a few miles off the m4, and on a hill, but still no decent 4g reception. Have 3G booster boxes on chimney. Switched to latest iPhone in the hope that this would improve, but reception is still nowhere near good enough (2 rather than 5 bars) Now need 4g booster. Any recommendations - quite happy to pay, just need good 5 bar every hour of the day reception!
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what O2 business customers are using. Not sure how much it will cost you but I've been told around 250.00. Not meant to be used on consumer tariffs so O2 will not provide it and if it doesn't work then you are on your own. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 11 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need a business number to register to the device, so it won't work unless you have a business contract as I said in first reply.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand @Anonymous that contract customers and business customers have access to Tugo now.

One question I've never had the full answer to is 'Why can't a contract customer have one of these Boost Boxes if they are willing to pay' ?
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily @MI5 but you would still need O2's permission to do it as it needs to be activated by us as these need to be provisioned on the Network , if not they would be deemed illegal and then the illegal action that you mentioned comes into place.

Message 14 of 27

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily @MI5 but you would still need O2's permission to do it as it needs to be activated by us as these need to be provisioned on the Network , if not they would be deemed illegal and then the illegal action that you mentioned comes into place.

So are you saying that O2 would activate a boost box on a consumer tariff if asked?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I understand @Anonymous that contract customers and business customers have access to Tugo now.

One question I've never had the full answer to is 'Why can't a contract customer have one of these Boost Boxes if they are willing to pay' ?

Because it's a service that should only be on business, as it put's a lot of strain on the network. Also they way they are technically set up only works on business systems, so for a consumer tariff to be authorized to use it they would need a very good reason.

Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So are you saying that O2 would activate a boost box on a consumer tariff if asked?

It wouldn't be easy, you would need a very good reason....but it can be done.

Message 17 of 27

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's interesting and not mentioned anywhere on the O2 website....
What kind of reason would be good enough....?

Currently using:
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could tell you @MI5 but then I would have to  KILL YOU!!!:smileywink:

Message 19 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because it's a service that should only be on business, as it put's a lot of strain on the network. Also they way they are technically set up only works on business systems, so for a consumer tariff to be authorized to use it they would need a very good reason.

Thank you for your explanation. 

Much appreciated. 

Message 20 of 27