Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Care + replacement device & o2 Switch Up

mm98
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a plus plan (iphone 14 pro), but it got damaged badly enough that apple had to replace it. Can I still trade it in for a new phone on o2 switch up?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@mm98 

Yes, that won't be a problem providing that the device meets the minimum requirements.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@mm98 

Yes, that won't be a problem providing that the device meets the minimum requirements.

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

mm98
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, device is in pretty much perfect condition at the moment so I will take it in for a swap this week.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Won't be an issue at all then @mm98 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Hacwa
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please let us know how it goes?

I read the terms and conditions in a way that made me believe that they would only accept replacement devices from O2, rereading it now makes me doubt that.     7 - F on the link: https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-switch-up

"you provide a device with an IMEI code that does not match the device that was provided by us at the start of the existing contract, except for devices that may have been replaced under a valid insurance plan or warranty which no longer have the same IMEI code as the original device."

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5791 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Hacwa 

The problem is that we don't know the minutiae of the circumstances in which the device was replaced. 

Hopefully @mm98 will update us on developments. 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

If it has been replaced by Apple Care then that is an insurance replacement so doing a switch up o2 should be fine..

Applecare is an Insurance product, and Apple sell it as such.. 

@mm98 

You will probably need to provide proof of the old phones IMEI and the new Phones IMEI, an the proof that it was replaced under Apple Care (which they should have already provided).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7