cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video - subscribing to extra channels / unlinking from O2???

Adele03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all! I have prime video through my O2 account. I pay for this monthly. However, when logged into prime, whenever I try to subscribe to an extra channel (like Starz or Lionsgate for example) it always lets me watch for the 7 day free trial, and then at the end it says my payment failed and I need to update my payment methods.

I do have my card/bank linked to the account for one time purchases, but I am unable to add or edit any payment methods and Amazon tells me I must go through O2 customer service.

BUT when I go onto O2, it only gives me the option to cancel the extra? There is no option to edit anything!!

my question is, HOW do I rectify this? When I speak to Amazon they say it’s an O2 issue. When I try to contact O2 they tell me it’s an Amazon issue!

if this can’t be rectified, would cancelling my extra delete my prime account? Or would it keep the account but require me to update the payment. 

Thankyou so much if you’ve read all of this!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10271 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Adele03 

Not sure why Amazon have told you its an o2 problem.  Unless you have a Spend Cap?? 

It is an Amazon issue, as you need to make sure the payment card is also linked as a backup to the o2 payment and then when going through the trial process it should let you choose which payment it needs to use.  (This used to be the case).. 

Manage your Prime payment method by clicking here or by following the steps below:

1. Go to Your Payment Method.
  2. Select the card you want to set as your preferred payment method and click Continue.
  3. You can add a new card by clicking Add a card, then click Add your card to confirm. Select your billing address and then click Continue.

If you unlink from o2 you will have to pay via Debit Card, and dont get the discount. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Adele03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

IMG_9068.png

 Thankyou so much for your reply,

unfortunately it’s still not working:(

whenever I click on “my payment method” it takes me to this page, which is of course no help at all because it just takes me to the O2 customer service page. 

this page also comes up everytime I log into prime and click on the notification telling me my extra channel subscription has failed & I need to update the payment method

theres no option for me to select a card or anything!

I’ve tried logging into prime video on the iPhone app and then clicking the channel I want to subscribe to, and again it gives me no option to select a specific payment method (I’ve only used prime for a year or so but I’ve never known it to do this so I didn’t find that unusual) but then it again just takes me to this page for payment!

im really driving myself crazy - I did post my query on a Facebook page and nobody had advice but loads of others said they were having the exact same problem 😞

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Adele03 

Try asking on the Amazon forum Prime Video: Amazon Digital and Device Forum (amazonforum.com)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10271 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@Adele03 

Not sure what o2 can do, as they only option would be to go into Myo2 and cancel the Extra in there, other than that the only people who can unlink payment methods completely are Amazon, I am not sure why they are struggling to do so.

Cancel Extra here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5