Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Discount Never Applied

doombadger
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I took a second connection for my partner last year and the telesales agent assured me the new connection would qualify for a discount. He also made it clear to me that he would arrange for this discount to be applied and that I wouldn't have to do anything.

Upon analysis of my account outgoings earlier this month it has become apparent that this discount has never been applied and consequently the contract has so far cost me almost £100 more than promised.

Every single attempt to address this matter with customer services has resulted in a point blank refusal to even acknowledge that an error may have been made. No effort was made to investigate the issue. I was kept on silent hold for over 30 minutes only to be told the CS agent would call me back. She did not. The next agent I spoke with immediately became confrontational and transferred me to the Sales department, which confused both myself and the unfortunate lady on the other end of the phone. She was quite clear that this was an ongoing issue that had caused some ire in their office.

Until this point I've had nothing but the highest praise for O2 customer service. They've always gone above and beyond in efficiency, professionalism and attitude. This experience has completely undermined this goodwill and I'm now regretting yesterday's decision to add yet another device to my account.

I'm not expecting miracles but I'd think a civil conversation with someone who actually knows what customer service means should be the bare minimum to expect from a company I'm paying over £100 a month to.

Any assistance will be gratefully received and mean I won't have to resort to taking these issues public on social media.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@doombadger 

You have to apply for the discount https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan 

I wouldn't trust it to one of the O2 trainees to do it for me.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
How do I get O2 family discount?
To get the discount, you'll need to register each additional connection within 28 days of getting them. Check our eligibility terms. If you're on an eligible tariff, text LOYALTY to 21500 and follow the instructions to register from your phone. We'll text you confirmation once the discount has been added.

Only customer service can help with this unfortunately if as you say, it was never applied as promised

Message 3 of 5

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I appreciate that now but this was never clarified by the sales agent during the recorded call which legally is my contract. In fact, quite the opposite. My previous contract was a phone and a tablet. That discount just worked. No issues, no dramas. Like I say, I'm not asking for miracles. Just some genuinely customer service rather than denial, refusal and passive aggressive telephone tactics. I've worked in sales for years. If anyone on my team spoke to anyone on the phone like that I'd fire them on the spot.
Message 4 of 5

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've spoken to customer services about this twice in the last 24 hours and frankly I've had pneumonic infections that were less aggressive and more satisfying. My opinion of O2 CS has gone from one of high regard to utter disgust in the space of two phone calls.
Message 5 of 5