Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 recycle

Johnwelsh2014
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I upgraded my phone using o2 switch up. I sent my old 23 back to o2 using the tracked royal mail service. It was delivered on the 27th at 7.25am. O2 recycle have said they have received the phone however after a few emails back and fourth I still haven't received the £971 to cover my old device plan. They are saying they will provide me with a update once they have more information. I'm now being billed for both devices. Has anyone had anything like this before with recycle? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Johnwelsh2014 

STOP using Switch UP by the Online or Post, as all we hear is issues which are of nearly always the customers making.. 

You are always better doing this in store, as they take the phone and everything is done in store..

The payment should go directly to o2, and  not you to clear down the payment, and this can take 7 working days.. 

You will just have to wait for Ingrams to send the Payment to o2, if they send it to you, then make sure you Pay o2 the same day..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

You don't get a choice anymore?

When I upgraded from the Fold to the S24 (albeit on pre-order) they delivered to my home address and I got a returns pack. When I asked if I could do it in-store they told me it was no due to being on the new system 360.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@garetc 

Really all my switchups have been done in store, and have been they take the phone and processed it from there... I really dont fancy posting a phone off to Ingram Micro if that is the case....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

In true O2 style, not all stores have access to 360 yet.

Some do, some don't.... Unbelievable but true!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

garetc
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Might have just been the store and a case of 'computer says no' but that's what they told me, proudly "it's all changed now". It was a pre-order so that could have been the reason why I had to send it off after the new handset was delivered?

Like you I've previously done it all in-store. Assuming if they have stock when you're there they just switch it out, unless they give you the phone and then a returns pack comes out to you.

Message 6 of 9

garetc
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Franchised stores maybe?

Message 7 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

The o2 guide for this does not distinguish - it says any store:

@Chris_K wrote:

How does O2 Switch Up work?

Once you’ve got Switch Up, you’ll need to head to an O2 store and hand back your current phone, which we’ll check over to make sure it’s in good enough nick. If it is, you won’t have to pay off any outstanding costs on your current contract – we’ll settle things for you. We’ll then start you on a new Plus Plan or custom plan for whichever new phone you pick.

More info

Q. Where can I swap my phone?

A. Head to any O2 store to swap your current phone for a new one. You can find your nearest store by heading to o2.co.uk/storelocator.

If there is now conflicting information then the guide needs to be corrected @Dave-O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 649 Posts
  • 40 Topics
  • 16 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj 

@garetc Can you please confirm which store advised this and I'll check this out.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 9 of 9