Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nokia 520 problem

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi two people just texted me on my nokia lumia 520 to say they have tried to phone me but cannot get through it says the other person has hung up, any idea what it could be please?

Joules

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@joules wrote:

sorry not heard of that so must not have it?!  checked the reception link and it is okay!

Do you know anyone else on o2 in your area?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No definitely not got that.   I remember this has happened before a few months ago, don't know what I did then but it must have righted itself!

Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It could be a new fault that isn't showing yet.
Can you call out OK or not?
If you can call cs to report it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Here is your previous thread about the same issue - you had ringer volume turned off http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/problems-with-nokia-lumia-520/td-p/86543...

Currently using:
Message 14 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
quiet times is under settings>personalisation - its the 6th option (under sync settings and before driving mode).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 21

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

strange just asked my mum to phone me she is on o2, the call has come through okay!  yet I cannot get through if I use my landline?

Message 16 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

just noticed, right at the bottom of the menu is an option to block calls and texts from certain numbers.

it's called "call + SMS filter".

you are supposed to add numbers to the filter, but you might have switched it on by mistake (I've never noticed it before and it is "on", so maybe that is the default?).

also check something called "Notifications + Actions" as you can turn on/off notifications for apps in there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 17 of 21

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks but cannot find personalisation must not have it

Message 18 of 21

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

now its working turned it off a few times.  the people trying to phone me were on O2 so that is strange.

Thanks to everyone, merry christmas

Message 19 of 21

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

menu's might be different - i have a 640 at the minute - see below screen shot...

wp_ss_20151222_0001.jpg

Message 20 of 21