cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail 950/XL Windows 10 Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will VVM be supported on the Windows 10 Mobile OS aswell as the new 950/XL devices. I know it was only on O2 Software wiith 8.1 but as i understand the handling of the OS is solely done by Microsoft.

What i want to know is if i get an Unlocked 950 from Microsoft directly will i be able to get VVM?

Thanks

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This may be worth reading.

http://www.windowscentral.com/why-no-lte-att-lumia-950-xl

That was an intreasting read, i didn't relise it worked like that.

What i do know is according to users in forums that VVM is not supported on Dual-Sim variants however i believe Microsoft are not selling them in the UK.

Message 12 of 45

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

We can confirm that VVM is working fine on the Lumia 950. Remember that for VVM to work, the handset needs to be an O2 variant and have come directly from O2 and be using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM – as has always been the case for VVM on Lumia.

We expect all previous Lumias (O2 variants) that will get the Windows 10 update will also work fine for VVM but we’ll keep you posted on this when we have more details to share.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
But not on the XL I presume?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 45

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I actually thought this thread was about the XL but I guess the / could mean both.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
But not on the XL I presume?

Unlikely.....

Why not on the XL? aslong as it is an O2 variant.

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey guys,

We can confirm that VVM is working fine on the Lumia 950. Remember that for VVM to work, the handset needs to be an O2 variant and have come directly from O2 and be using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM – as has always been the case for VVM on Lumia.

We expect all previous Lumias (O2 variants) that will get the Windows 10 update will also work fine for VVM but we’ll keep you posted on this when we have more details to share.

This is a shame but it is expected. I have VVM working on my 920 now but i was hoping i could purchase the Sim Free 950 variant from Microsoft and have it working on there.

@MI5 wrote:
I actually thought this thread was about the XL but I guess the / could mean both.

Yes i meant both phones.

Message 17 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so the 950 is being sold by o2 so there will be an o2 variant of the firmware and when used with an o2 contract sim you will get vvm (confirmed by o2).
The xl is not being sold by o2, therefore, no o2 firmware and no vvm.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah i see that makes sense, again it is a shame vvm is not supported by sim free phones. 

I did not know that about the XL, it is a shame for the users who wanted the XL.

Message 19 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

it is a shame for the users who wanted the XL.

Yes, there's a few not happy about it.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 45