cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson G502

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone, first post. I bought a Sony Ericsson G502 (not from O2) and I'm very happy with it indeed. However, I recently got sent a video message followed by a text saying that my phone does not support video messaging (it does, and the message was sent from my friend who has the same handset on a different network.)
When I try to select my phone on the O2 website the G502 isn't listed and I've had no joy from the O2 customer services email. Do O2 only support their own handsets for video messaging?

thanks in advance. slight_smile
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 will only support o2 portfolio handsets for video messaging/pic messages/mobile internet as these handsets are fully tested therefore we can support them - unfortunately it looks o2 have no information on your current handset therefore are unable to fully support it
Message 2 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
If you text the word active to 20202, o2 should send the settings through automatically for you.

If that hasnt worked in 10-15 mins,

Then click here

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support ... c=gb&lc=en

The settings are on the sonye ricsson site and can be sent to your phone with out any problems.

If you have any problems please let me know or pm me if you need to chat with me.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys, and thanks for the replys.

Hi Darren, its not the settings, everything works fine, it just seems that because O2 don't sell the G502, you can sellect it as "my Phone" Never mind. Still, for £129 new, HSDPA, Email, and lightweight its really a great wee handset, coupled with O2 simplicity 25 which means my contract is only 1 month and I get free data makes this much better value than a £30 or £35 contract for 18 months.

Thanks again for your assistance chaps.
Message 4 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
you mention that the video doesnt download?

However the phone should be able to receive videos on o2's network even though o2 dont support the phone.

Have you reinstalled the settings? have you also sent active to 20202 as this will switch the feature on as well.

Even though you cant buy the g502 direct from o2, you can buy it from external suppliers who do sell the g502 on o2.

if the settings are on the SE website to support the feature, then again there should be no problems with the phone.

Ive put my sim card in many non o2 phones and they have all worked with out any problems.

Let me know how you get on.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 5