Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking guidance about mobile Wifi Devices

Lolo_Jaunting
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m going to be travelling to Sri Lanka in April and to Madagascar in June.  I have been given a TP-Link 4G mobile wifi device which potentially my travel companion (joining me on both trips from USA) can also use.  I’m not clear about best procedures.  Is it recommended to purchase a SIM at the border of each country to be visited?  Is it recommended to purchase an O2 SIM only for use with the device?  As we will be on a tour and not always in a city, is a portable personal wifi (a) more secure than that provided by local hotels and (b) will the range be better on the whole? Any suggestions/recommendations will be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Lolo_Jaunting 

O2 data sims won't work abroad so forget using O2.

A more suitable solution for you would be a World sim which can be used anywhere.

https://www.worldsim.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Lolo_Jaunting 

O2 data sims won't work abroad so forget using O2.

A more suitable solution for you would be a World sim which can be used anywhere.

https://www.worldsim.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Lolo_Jaunting
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much, will get on the case asap

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

You're welcome @Lolo_Jaunting 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4