cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE C902 can't get email to work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my new handset yesterday but cannot get it to find the server to receive my BT email. It worked fine previously on my K800i and as far as I can see I've done all the settings the same. Whilst trying to retrieve mail it just states "Finding server" but goes no further.

Any Ideas?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, the phone never finds the server. Strangely if you set it up to check your O2 email, it works but any other server it can't find. I suppose you could forward your other email to your O2 account but of course you shouldn't have to.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't want to have to forward emails all around the place though. I simply want access to my email from my phone incase I'm ever out and about and am expecting important mail. Pretty annoying isn't it. Maybe someone can tell us a way around it.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
In your email account(s) "settings", scroll along to the third tab (POP3 or IMAP), then scroll down in that to "connect using" and select that setting. Select "connect using" again, this brings up the "Data accounts" page- on my partners C902, this was set to O2 postpay GPRS and it never found the sever, but when i changed it to connect using "O2 mobile web" and tried again it found the server and downloaded his emails. I changed the uploading (SMTP) settings in the same way. Hope this works for you.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spot on that has worked a treat. Thanks very much I thought I had tried evry setting available! My wife will be pleased aswell she's fed up seeingme sitting shouting at my phone grin
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont have the option of selecting "O2 mobile web", i just have O2 postpay GPRS and O2 prepay. Having the same problems as described on this thread. The phone picks up the the settings but is unable to connect to the mail server. Any suggestions? It's driving me nuts!
Message 6 of 7

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
O2 Wap will not work when connecting to external emails. O2 Web settings use a different proxy, so allow you to download your emails.

I can let you have the settings, but there is a much easier way.

If you go to the Sonyericsson website and use the setup feature.

You just need to pick o2 as your email provider and o2 for your network. ( I know that you will have another email provider) but when you have filled in all the details and sent to your phone, not only does your phone set up with the o2 email, it also sets up with the o2 web settings.

All you then need to do is delte the o2 email and use what ever email you want and pick o2 web setting to conenct to.

O2 web setting will only work on Contract and not PAYG.

If you need help or any more advise, let me know
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 7 of 7