Did you mean: 

Regarding faulty Microsoft Lumia 550

RM19894
Level 1: Joiner
  • 37 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I have a Lumia 550 phone and it's faulty and does not work properly, problems are
-No sound when calling and receving call
-Alarm function does not work
-Can not send or receive texts
-Can not connect to wifi when at free wifi locations

I tried a soft reset and it doesn't work
Would a hard reset work? I haven't done this, as I am worried I would lose all my texts and photos.

I have emailed carphone warehouse, and they said they don't fix lumia phones and gave me a link to a number, which isn't helpful.

I want to get the Motorola plus 6 e at Carphone warehouse

Can I get my faulty Lumia 550 for repairs at Carphone warehouse? As I have brought it at Carphone warehouse

Would that be possible? If yes, is there a charge?

Also, I have over £10 payg credit on my Lumia 550 phone, and I can't use it at the moment.

Also, what would happen if I put my old sim card from my Lumia 550 phone on to the Motorola 6 e plus  phone?

Would I have over £10 payg credit on my new Motorola e plus 6 phone? Would I keep the texts messages and photos?

Thanks

Robert 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RM19894 

The Lumia range are now obsolete so your best chance of repair would be a local phone shop or market stall, however, it probably isn't worth it. 

You can put your SIM in any phone to use your credit and carry on as normal but if your new phone needs a different size SIM, any O2 shop will swap it for free. 

Your photos etc will not transfer over though, so you will need to back them up to your PC or laptop.

If you choose to try a hard reset, all your content will be restored to the phone when you login again with your windows ID.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @RM19894 

What MI5 said is correct the Microsoft Lumia phones are obsolete.  Microsoft are not updating

so they are bascially insecure now too. I had a Microsoft Lumia 640 good little phone but had

to change it. I changed it for a Samsung Galaxy A70 at the Samsung Shop who gave me a trade in

for it!  Really pleased with that.

It is not worth repairing really not putting good money into an obsolete phone.

Good you can use your sim anyway.

I hope you can find a nice phone to replace the Lumia

Good luck and welcome to the o2 Community Forum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 5

RM19894
Level 1: Joiner
  • 37 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I put a new sim card on my lumia 550, would I get signal so I can send and receive texts, use wifi and receive sound when calling and receving calls?

As my wifi isn't working, I can't send saved photos to my email, so can only take picture from my new phone to the pictures of my lumia 550

Would I keep the old text messages if I put my lumia 550 sim card to my new phone?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RM19894 

The text messages are not on the sim, so no, they will not transfer across to another phone.

You need to connect your phone to your PC with a data cable to back it all up.

https://www.transphone.net/phone-transfer/backup-windows-phone-to-pc.html

From what you say, I don't believe a new sim will fix the problems with your 550 either.

I think that's a lost cause.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5