Please help me to remove default of£16 from my O2 account

sravan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi team,

Good afternoon! Hope you're doing good.

I subscribed to a O2 Mobile broadband plan in June 2018 and eventually closed my account in Dec 2019. 
While closing my account, I've been informed by the O2 customer service team(over phone) that the Device charge would be automatically deducted from my account and there is nothing I need to do.
I didn't even get any emails or posts since then, so I was under impression that the account is closed without any issues.
This morning, I was trying to submit a mortgage application to purchase a new house and surprisingly it got rejected on the basis of a bad credit report. 
Upon checking my detailed credit report, I was baffled to see that there is a default on my name against O2 payment for £16 which is for the broadband device. I spoke with one of your colleagues Michelle and managed to clear the debt and the reference number is "[Personal details removed]
"
I sincerely request you to help me with this and update the credit file accordingly. If I was aware of the due amount, I would have cleared it straight away.
I never had any sort of arrears throughout my life. Please help me to remove this default from my Credit file so that it can help me with my mortgage application 

My O2 Account details:

[Personal details removed]

Regards,
Sravan
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@sravan 

You need to email your details to 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@sravan 

You need to email your details to 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You also need to remove your personal details as this is a public forum.

Flagged to admin for removal too.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

sravan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks  lot

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good luck wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

sravan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello all, I sent multiple emails to "CreditFileReferrals@o2.com" & "creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com".
Sadly, I didn't get any response so far. I am very much worried that I might lose an opportunity to purchase my Dream house as the Developer can't wait beyond Feb. Not sure if there is any other option to get the Credit File updated soon. Would really appreciate any help. O2 team is my only hope to be able to submit my mortgage application

Message 6 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Not  sure if the community gurus can help, but i'll tag them just in case.

@O2Lisa @O2Ryan @O2Emma can you please get in touch with @sravan to see if you can assist?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 13

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @gmarkj.

I'll do my best to help @sravan, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

sravan
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj thanks a lot for the help

Message 9 of 13

sravan