Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade through mobile phones direct

Clare44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I've upgraded through mobile phones directed staying with O2 but I don't know if I need to contact anyone at O2 to give notice on my current contract which is due to finish on 11th March?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

If you chose the MobilePhonesDirect Upgrade option, no, there is nothing else you need to do, @Clare44 - your new phone will arrive, move the SIM from the old to the new and follow the instructions for moving your data and apps from old to new, and you should be good to go.

Your March bill will be a bit messy, as you will be credited for unused but paid a month in advance credit on the old contract, and the new contract will come into force for the remainder of March and for the month ahead of April.

If anything goes amiss, you know where to come for help 👍

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

If you chose the MobilePhonesDirect Upgrade option, no, there is nothing else you need to do, @Clare44 - your new phone will arrive, move the SIM from the old to the new and follow the instructions for moving your data and apps from old to new, and you should be good to go.

Your March bill will be a bit messy, as you will be credited for unused but paid a month in advance credit on the old contract, and the new contract will come into force for the remainder of March and for the month ahead of April.

If anything goes amiss, you know where to come for help 👍

Message 2 of 2